WHEREFORE, premises considered, the petition is GRANTED. The Decision dated July 16, 2014 of the Regional Trial Court of Valenzuela City, branch 75 in Civil Case No. 239-V-11 and 7-V-12 is hereby REVERSED and SET ASIDE. In lieu thereof, another is entered ordering the following:
- The lifting of the suspension of Rev. Sobrepena and his assumption as Acting General Superintendent/President, as valid;
- The removal of Rev. Calusay and Rev. Suico as General Superintendent/President and General Secretary, respectively, as valid;
- The removal of Rev. Calusay and Rev. Suico as members of the Board of Trustees as null and void;
- The Triennial Meeting and election called by Rev. Sobrepena as valid;
- The elected members of the Board of Trustees in the April 16-19, 2012 Triennial membership meeting are authorized to act for and on behalf of the Philippines General Council of the Assemblies of God (PGCAG) and to exercise all acts of ownership or administration with respect to the funds and properties of the PGCAG, including being a signatory to the bank accounts of PGCAG.
(SGD) JHOSEP Y. LOPEZ
(SGD) RAMON R. GARCIA (SGD) LEONCIA R. DIMAGIBA
Associate Justice Associate Justice
Pursuant to Article VIII, Section 13 of the Constitution, it is hereby certified that the conclusions in the above decision were reached in consultation before the case was assigned to the writer of the opinion of the Court.
(SGD) RAMON R. GARCIA
Chairperson, Fifteenth Division
You must be logged in to post a comment.