Dear Mission Partners and Friends,
Love greetings from Phnom Penh! Hope this missive will find you doing well in body and spirit. I had been so busy (so what else is new) since I came back here a month ago from a month study-leave for my doctoral studies. I have submitted my thesis proposal entitled “An Investigation on the Elements into the Pentecostal/Charismatic Ministries that Attract Cambodian to the Gospel of Jesus Christ” and waiting for its approval so I can start the research as soon as possible.
Aside from teaching at Cambodia Bible Institute since I arrived, I also coordinated the Church planter’s retreat held last September 14-16 and the Worship Leaders seminar held last September 20-23. I thank God for the success of both events. It seems that the enemy is attacking our church planter’s through their respective families. Thus making some of them lose heart and distracted from their ministry. God moved mightily among the church planters and their respective wives during the evening prayer meetings. Some of them was led to repentance and pledged their loyalty and faithfulness to God and their spouses. We received revelation from God through the gifts of prophecy and words of wisdom making us all broken in heart and spirit before the Lord. We all went back to Phnom Penh full of the Spirit and courage to continue the work that the Lord had set us to do. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!
The Worship Leaders seminar was a huge success. About 146 worship leaders, musicians and tamborine dancers from 24 AG churches from 12 provinces all over Cambodia attended the great event. Rev. Harry and Gerti Rideout from the USA were the morning and evening speakers while Rey Dorimon from the Philippines did the teaching and workshop on worship leading and playing instruments. God answered our prayer for this seminar! The Holy Spirit moved mightily in our midst during the 3 days seminar. The worship leaders didn’t only learn how to lead worship or play instruments correctly but they renewed their commitment to God as worship leaders while many of them received the baptism and in-filling of the Holy Spirit. Many Cambodian Pastors had expressed to me their gratitude for coordinating such seminar because they have seen the change in the attitude and manner of leading worship of their worship leaders after the seminar. Thier worship leaders were really on fire for God as they led worship that Sunday after the seminar. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!
Please pray for the following:
1. I’m coordinating another seminar on November 6-9 for Children’s ministries. Pray for the success of this seminar/workshop too and for the financial provision for the expenses of this seminar. I’m expecting about 150 Children workers from AG churches all over the country to attend. Their food and accomodation for three days will be subsidized. I need about $1,200.00 to hold such event.
2. Two Sundays ago, I went to Saang, one of our out-reach to preach. I was only in the introduction of my message when I blacked out. I didn’t able to finish my message which was continued by one of the church planters who drove me to the place. This is the second time that it happened to me while preaching. Pray for my good health.
3. For victory over temptations and trials that the following church planters/ leaders are going through right now: Sopheak, Kosal, Mao Thol, Laeng, Somban and Sok Cia.
4. For God’s wisdom and guidance as I do regular counseling with some of the above mentioned names and pre-marital counseling for 2 of our church leaders who are getting married on December 2.
5. Bountiful blessings for all of you, my faithful partners and friends.
Let us reap the harvest in Cambodia and join hands in equipping the saints here for ministry. May the Lord richly bless you and your household.